This is a model motion for use in Labour Party Branches and CLPs.
This branch notes
- That the Labour Party leadership has suspended Jeremy Corbyn MP from the party and removed the parliamentary whip, ostensibly due to his statement regarding the EHRC’s report on antisemitism in the Labour Party.
- That the EHRC report states: “Article 10 will protect Labour Party members who, for example, make legitimate criticisms of the Israeli government, or express their opinions on internal Party matters, such as the scale of antisemitism within the Party, based on their own experience and within the law.”
This branch believes
- That Jeremy Corbyn MP is a socialist and life-long fighter against racism inside and outside the Labour Party.
- That his suspension is a politically motivated attack against the left of the Labour Party by the leadership.
This branch resolves
- To condemn Jeremy Corbyn’s suspension and demand his reinstatement to the party.
- To oppose any and all politically motivated disciplinary actions against the left by the leadership.
Books & Magazines for sale from Red Flag:
2020 Programme: A Manifesto for World Revolution£5.00
Fifth International issue 20£5.00
Leon Trotsky: An Introduction£5.00
Against the Racist EndeavourProduct on sale
Fight! Women’s Magazine No. 8£5.00
The Degenerated Revolution£15.00
The Road To Red OctoberProduct on sale
Europe: The Revolutionary AlternativeProduct on sale
The Fight Against Racism Today£6.00